mecwacare provides home nursing and care services in Gippsland through our Home and Community Care Services.
Some of the many services we can offer in your home include:
• Personal care – we provide quality in-home support to assist with tasks such as meal preparation, showering, dressing and grooming when it becomes too difficult to manage alone. We also support toileting, hygiene and incontinence management, and assist with the use of communication aids.
• Domestic assistance – we can provide support with general domestic household tasks such as cleaning bathrooms/toilets, vacuuming, washing floors and changing bed linen and other tasks that you are finding difficult.
• Respite care – we offer short-term and ongoing flexible respite for carers of any age who look after people with dementia, a degenerative or chronic condition or a disability, at home or within the community.
• Home maintenance – we assist with safety around the home, installation of rails, smoke alarms, smoke alarm batteries, cleaning of gutters in high-risk areas.
• Delivered meals – nutritionally-balanced meals delivered to your door, with a wide variety of choice.
• Social support – we assist with attending medical appointments, shopping, paperwork or even company when taking a walk in the fresh air
• Private care – the care our clients receive from mecwacare can be purchased privately or they can be subsidised by the government. In some cases, service fees are either completely or partially funded.
Many of mecwacare’s Home and Community Care Services are supported by government-funded healthcare programs including Home and Community Care (HACC), Department of Veterans’ Affairs (DVA), Home Care Packages (Levels 1-4), Transport Accident Commission (TAC), Individual Support Packages (ISP), National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) and the Commonwealth Home Support Program (CHSP). We are a registered NDIS provider.
If you are interested in receiving services and are over the age of 65 years, you must contact My Aged Care to be referred for an assessment. Those under 65 can contact mecwacare directly as a self-referral.