There are many reasons why people volunteer at mecwacare. Some want to give back to the community and others feel good about helping people. Many volunteer to develop new skills or interests.
Whatever the motivation our volunteers are an invaluable part of the organisation and their contribution enriches the lives of our residents, clients and participants.
We offer a range of opportunities for volunteers across all areas of the organisation. These include:
- Social support for activity groups, such as art and crafts, cards and games, music and dance
- Transporting clients to appointments or outings
- Pastoral care and social visits, including walks
- Reading or visiting with a pet
- Serving in mecwacare kiosks
- Retail sales and assistance in opportunity shops
- Administrative tasks
- Gardening or maintenance
If you have a special interest or skill that you would like to share as a volunteer, whether it’s playing an instrument or teaching origami, be sure to let us know.
We welcome people of all ages and from all walks of life.