More than 350 volunteers make a valuable contribution to mecwacare, including the Op Shops, transport programs, activity programs and residential facilities. We welcome all enquiries if you are interested in volunteering with us. It can be a very rewarding experience, and also helps mecwacare to continue our essential work in the community.
mecwacare offers its volunteers:
- We value interactions and relationships that are Caring, Accountable, Respectful and Ethical
Learning and Development
- Extensive corporate and on-site orientation programs
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities
- Equal employment opportunity including a pro-diversity approach and discrimination prevention
- Employee Assistance Program
- Breastfeeding Friendly Workplace
mecwacare volunteers may be involved in:
- Community centre activity programs
- Craft activities
- Music and dance sessions
- Transport for clients, collecting and delivering donated goods
- Friendly visits
- Serving in mecwacare kiosks
- Retail sales in Op Shops
- Administrative tasks
To find out more, check out our positions available or contact us on the details below.
Phone: 03 8573 4888
mecwacare has been cited as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality and a Breastfeeding Friendly Workplace since October 2011.