mecwacare works with clients and their families to develop skills and increase their ability to live as independently as possible. Our Support Coordination team offers a range of in-home and community access options tailored to clients’ individual needs and choices.
Supports include informal, mainstream and community support, as well as clients’ NDIS-funded supports. It is time-limited and aims to support an NDIS participant to take part in the community. Support Coordination is a role funded by the NDIS.
- There is a range of tasks available under mecwacare’s Support Coordination program:
- Assist the participant to understand the supports in their plan
- Assist the participant to navigate NDIS processes
- Link participant to funded supports
- Make referrals for any assessments in plans
- Ensure equipment supports are managed
- Ensure service bookings are complete
- Explore mainstream and community supports
- Assist the participant to resolve points of crisis
- Ensure the participant is aware of complaints mechanisms
mecwacare can provide Level 1 and 2 Support Coordination for NDIS participants.